Christmas Jobs In Medway, Seasonal Opportunities In Chatham, Gillingham And Rochester 2017
This page is our Christmas jobs in the Medway towns feature. Yourcounty has been providing general Christmas vacancy information for Kent and the surrounding areas for about ten years. During this time user feedback has played an important part in the development of our content and we welcome your comments.
This is a page under constant improvement and we welcome submissions from employers that undertake seasonal recruitment for free inclusion . Our contact details are at the bottom of the page. This is the link to our main jobs in Medway page.
Xmas Jobs In Medway
We have run a successful Xmas vacancies in Kent feature since 2003, we recently added a Christmas jobs in London page and this Medway seasonal jobs is a natural development from those initiatives. The aim of this page is to give details of the biggest employers of seasonal staff in the area and provide some links to useful resources.
The first Christmas jobs in Medway start to be advertised around September. Many of the plum jobs will have been filled by the start of November. There are however new vacancies coming on stream until the New Year. Aside the multinationals many local businesses need extra help at this time of year, but not all have formal recruitment structures. This is one way in which the local Jobcentre plus comes into its own. It generally has a large number of temporary and casual work opportunities. As a general rule the prime jobs attract the greatest competition.
If you're actually looking for a permanent job, a seasonal appointment with your desired employer may present a real chance Temporary Christmas to get some experience that may lead to a permanent job in due course. Employers seeking temporary or seasonal staff for 2013 are likely to include:
- Argos - http://www.justessex.net/jobsinessex/argosjobs.html - One of the big winners in the Christmas shopping stakes, this means that they need to appoint several thousand temporary staff across the country at Christmas.
- Seasonal contracts with Asda normally last for eight weeks although this is open to discussion, you don't have to re-apply once you've worked on a temporary basis. There are thousands of extra jobs each Christmas, most vacancies on the front line in-store. Asda have a very good track record in offering casual staff permanent contracts.
- Boots - One of the biggest employers of seasonal retail staff, the organisation starts the publish vacancy details during the summer months. Most positions are for Customer Assistants. Successful applicants get training and get many of the benefits of permanent staff. Speaking of permanent staff, many Christmas employees are offered permanent contracts if they make a good impression. Along with Debenhams Boots are amongst the first to start their Christmas recruitment campaigns, expect to see vacancies advertised from August onwards. Opportunities published on their own recruitment website, job centre plus and other employment forums.
- Civil Service Jobs - There's not much of a call for temporary Christmas contracts in the Civil Service however they do award temporary contracts for a range of functions. Jobs of any kind have been few and far between over the last couple of years, always worth checking out their websites
- Iceland - http://jobs.iceland.co.uk/ - As many as three thousand extra staff recruited at Christmas.
- KFC - http://www.kfc.co.uk/join-us - Temporary or permanent Christmas work, details through the website.
- Matalan - http://matalan.jobs/index.html - Temporary retail work in many town and cities across the UK. If you fit in you could think about applying for a permanent job.
- Next - http://careers.next.co.uk/retail/retailvacancies.aspx?v=n - Christmas jobs working for this High Street retailer available in Medway, experience or an interest in fashion would be a significant advantage.
- Parcleforce - Season jobs in logistics and dispatch. Amongst their 52 depots nationwide there is also one in
8-13 Chieftain Close at
Gillingham Business Park.
- Pizza Express - http://www.pizzaexpressyourself.com/ - Most Christmas jobs on the front line - waiters, waitresses, chefs and cleaners, excellent website with full details.
- Post Office - This year there are 16,000 to 17,000 vacancies for short term seasonal and casual work.
- Primark - http://www.primark.co.uk - Retail work with one of the biggest names on the high street.
- Royal Mail - There were 18,000 Christmas vacancies in 2013 needed to deal with the 100% increase in the workload. Nearly ten applications received for each post so it's very competitive. There is an initial online test, even for temporary and seasonal contracts, it's not overly hard but you will increase your chances greatly if you do a little research beforehand.
- Starbucks - http://www.starbucks.co.uk/careers - Check out the temporary opportunities on the recently revamped website, expect some seasonal vacancies, apply as soon as possible. A good period of casual employment can lead to a longer term contract.
- Toysrus - http://www.toysrus.co.uk/info/careers.jsf - Up to 4,000 Christmas vacancies across the country, including the Medway store.
- Tragus - http://www.traguscareers.co.uk/ - Owners of about 280 restaurants have extra staffing requirements at Christmas.
- Wetherspoon - http://www.wetherspoonjobs.co.uk/ - Temporary staff being recruited from late September all the way through to December. You'll need to apply on a pub by pub basis. Can be a platform from which to get a full time post.
Feedback & Disclaimer
We check all of our features for accuracy and relevance on a regular basis, however changes will occur and copy can become out of date. We really welcome your feedback. If you'd like to submit a Medway employer that may have Christmas jobs please email us at email@example.com. If you have any questions please see our disclaimer.