Kent Teaching Jobs
Information and resources for jobs in education on this page, follow this links for more Kent employers. We feature jobs and careers in; teaching, administration, educational management, support, clerical and manual jobs at a range of institutions. Some internal resources, most jobs based in Kent, others further afield.
Simply put you can divide teaching jobs by the employing institution (pre-school, primary school, secondary school and further & higher education). The local authority is the biggest employer of teachers in Kent accounting for over three quarters of all jobs. The remaining opportunities occur in further and higher education and the private/independent sector.
Within Kent, Canterbury is probably the most important teaching centre, alongside the normal primary and secondary provision the city has a burgeoning independent sector and four universities. Near one quarter of the adult population is in full-time education (three times the national average). The four universities are: Canterbury Christ Church University, The University of Kent, the University College for the Creative Arts and GAU.
The Medway towns have been experiencing a dramatic growth in jobs connected with the multi million pound development of Universities at Medway. A joint venture between the region's universities and Mid Kent College.
We feature a selection of links to potential employers below, is not exhaustive and compiled from suggestions from our users and researchers.
Park Performing Arts College
- Teaching and non-teaching vacancies including secretarial jobs advertised on this
Hythe school's website also details of Graduate Teaching Placements.
- Canterbury College - First started welcoming students about 65 years ago. The physical campus has undergone great transformation in recent years. Since 1996 Canterbury College has had its Swale Campus as a satellite college.
- Christ Church University College
- Is an important employer in the Canterbury area with over two thousand staff. The University has very strong international links with over 1,200 international student countries. Originally an institure preparing people for a life in public service, teaching and nursing in particular the syllabus now extending to encompass a wide range of subjects.
- This Ramsgate based language school publishes its vacancies on
the website, typically teaching English as a foreign language
- Hadlow College
- One of the leading land-based colleges in the United Kingdom. Delivering great education with lecturers steeped in 'hands on' experience. Some vacancies published on the website. http://www.hadlow.ac.uk
- Display vacancy details on their website with contact details.
Hartsdown is also part of the Graduate Teaching programme.
- K College
- The College is a merger of several local colleges, it provides a wide range of programmes from five campuses in Ashford, Dover, Folkestone, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. The teaching and support jobs reflect the work of the college.
- Kent-Teach - Kent Teach holds details of teaching jobs in Kent at all levels; Teacher,
Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Year, Head of Department,
Teaching Support and Special Needs. All subjects and part time, full
time, supply, temporary and job share opportunities. http://www.yourcounty.co.uk/business/kentteachingjobs.html
- Isle Of Sheppy Academy
- A Mixed Foundation School with a vacancy page on the school
website. Teaching and non-teaching vacancies featured.
- London Borough of Bromley - A really good all round recruitment portal, as you'd expect you can check current teaching, support and admin vacancies as well as setting up an email alert! School standards are amongst the highest in Greater London with 26 schools rated as outstanding by OFSTED (at the time of writing). The Borough has 40,000 students in state education attending 73 primary schools and 17 secondary schools, there are also a number of special schools. http://www.bromley.gov.uk/info/200058/jobs_with_bromley/640/teaching_careers_in_bromley
- Medway Teaching Jobs - The unitary authority has an extensive range of teaching, non-teaching and support jobs across the Medway Towns including; Gillingham, Rochester, Strood and Chatham.
- The Folkestone School For Girls
- Current teaching and support vacancies advertised on the website.
- Tonbridge School - Tonbridge School is one of the leading boys' boarding schools in the country and highly respected internationally.
College for the Creative Arts
- This institute began life in 2005, it has campuses not only in Canterbury but also Maidstone and Rochester and going a little further afield Epsom and Farnham. Its origins lie in the union of the Kent Institute of Art & Design and the Surrey Institute of Art & Design and it gained full university status in 2008. There are currently about 7350 student participating on course at several levels including; doctorate, degree, diploma and BTEC. http://www.ucreative.ac.uk
- University Of Greenwich at Medway - The Medway Campus is an integrated part of the University of Greenwich based in the iconic red brick campus that has been subject to tens of millions of pounds of investment in order for it to take on its new guise as a modern university. Greenwich is part of the local higher education collective known as the Universities at Medway. Amongst the facilities on campus are modern laboratories, and an acclaimed engineering block. The Greenwich website holds comprehensive information about the university and the recruitment process.
- University Of Kent - The University of Kent (the European University) is a very important employer in the Canterbury area and one of the biggest
higher education employers in Kent. The majority of vacancies are published on the HR section of the website. As well as teaching opportunity the website also features support and administration jobs such as: Cleaning Staff, Maintenance and Groundstaff, Accounts Staff, AAT Qualified , Management Accountants and a wide range of Administrative employees.
Teaching Jobs In Kent - Feedback & Disclaimer
If you have some feedback about working in the education sector or would like to suggest an employer for a free listing here you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take care over our content but we're happy to correct any factual errors, please see our disclaimer.