Kent NHS Jobs
NHS job help and careers advice below. The National Health Service
(NHS) is not only the
biggest employer in the county, it's one of the largest organisations in the world. What does this mean for job seekers? You can expect to find between 450 and 500 NHS jobs in; Kent, Medway, Bexley and Bromley advertised online now. Vacancies cover all employment groups and contract types including part time, full time permanent and temporary. If you have recent work experience at any level with the NHS we'd welcome your feedback. This link for more help with your NHS job application.
About The NHS
The National Health Service technically refers to the organisation based in England, there is a NHS Scotland and a NHS Wales as well as the Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland (HSENI). But the NHS is often taken to mean all of these closely related bodies. The NHS is something of a 'legendary' service being one of the first organisations to provide health care to all residents freely at the point of use. It's often referred to as a single payer system, meaning a system where the costs are met from a single funding pool, typically managed by a government.
Everyone with the legal right to reside in the UK may access the full range of service, however everyone in the UK has a right to free emergency care whatever their status. The 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony shows the esteem in which the NHS is still held in many quarters.
Working For The NHS
The workforce of the NHS is constantly fluctuating but at the time of writing our estimate was that the total workforce was about 1,650,000. About 45% of the workforce have some form of medical/clinical qualification (doctors, nurses, paramedics etc). It is the fourth largest employer in the world and in an average week 3,100,000 people receive treatment We've created links to most of the
local and some national NHS vacancies on this page. The NHS has embraced
on-line recruitment in a big way and posts at every level of the
organisation are published on the internet.
As you would expect the
websites below hold a wide range of local nursing/medical job opportunities, as a rule of thumb about half of all jobs have a clinical aspect. Talking about the NHS as a whole; at the time of writing there were nearly 7,134 new vacancies from National Health Service employers advertised on line, 400 of these NHS jobs had salaries over £90k pa. Follow this link for local NHS job news.
and Gravesham NHS Trust
- Dartford and Gravesham Trust is based at Darent Valley Hospital,
which is in Dartford,
DA2 8DA. The Trust, created over a decade ago and offers a full range of acute hospital based services to a catchment of around half a million people. There are around 2,000 employed at the hospital so there is always some recruitment taking place. Follow the link for more details and local job opportunities. If you want to call try ringing 01322 428100. http://www.dvh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/jobs-recruitment/
- East Kent Hospitals NHS
- This Trust has five hospitals across East Kent; Kent and Canterbury Hospital, William Harvey Hospital, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital, Buckland Hospital and Royal Victoria Hospital. They are the biggest employers in the area, there are always vacancies on their website. They now only accept job applications through the main NHS job website. The main admin centre is at Kent & Canterbury Hospital in
Canterbury. The main switchboard number is 01227 866450. http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/
- South East Coast Ambulance Trust (Formerly Kent Ambulance Trust) - http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/
- The Horseshoe Bolters Lane, Banstead, SM7 2AS -
- Job opportunities can include: Emergency Dispatch Centre (Emergency Call Operator, Emergency Resource Dispatcher, Duty Dispatch Manager, EDC Distribution Manager)
- Patient Transport Service (PTS): PTS Ambulance Care Assistant, PTS Control Centre Operator, PTS Control Centre Dispatcher, PTS Team Leader, PTS Operational Manager
- Clinical Operations - Emergency Care Support Worker - Qualified Paramedic and Technician - Qualified Paramedic Practitioner - Qualified Critical Care Paramedic - Community First Responders.
- 01737 353333
- South London Healthcare NHS Trust
- Provide a range of high quality NHS services to the communities living in the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich. http://www.slh.nhs.uk/
- Kent & Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
- Provide: Services for people experiencing mental health problems across Kent and Medway. - Some learning disability services and a range of specialist services.
- 35 Kings Hill Avenue,
ME19 4AX -
01732 520400 - http://www.kmpt.nhs.uk/
- Kent & Medway
Primary Care Trust
- The Kent and Medway PCT Cluster represents three primary care trusts – NHS West Kent, NHS Eastern and Coastal Kent and NHS Medway.
- Kent & Medway PCT,
Fifty Pembroke Court,
ME4 4EL - http://www.medwaypct.nhs.uk/
- Kent Community NHS Trust
- The largest NHS Community Health providers in England with 1.4m clients and 6,000 staff in a wide range of roles including; community nurses, physiotherapists, dietitians and other healthcare professionals.
- Resourcing Team,
Kent & Canterbury Hospital,
- 01474 360555 - http://www.kentcht.nhs.uk/
Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS)
- The LAS have more than 5,000 staff working in offices and ambulance stations across the capital.
- 220 Waterloo Road,
- 020 3069 0260 - http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/working_for_us.aspx
and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Trust employs about 4,000 staff (or full time job equivalent. They run a comprehensive training and development programme.
- Trust Management, Pembury Hospital,
Kent, TN2 4QJ
- 01622 224247 - http://www.mtw.nhs.uk/working-at-the-trust/
- Medway Community Healthcare
- Community health services for Medway.
- Medway Community Healthcare, 7-8, Ambley Green,
Gillingham Business Park,
- 01634 382777 - http://www.medwaycommunityhealthcare.nhs.uk/
NHS Foundation Trust
- The Trust is committed to bringing its patients healthcare services as good as anywhere else in the UK.
- Medway Maritime Hospital,
- 01634 833966 - http://www.medway.nhs.uk
- NHS South East London
- A partnership of Primary Care Trusts in South East London including Bromley and Bexley.
- Bassetts House,
- 020 3049 4182 - http://www.selondon.nhs.uk/
- Offer a wide range of health and social care services in south east London, specialising in community health, mental health and learning disability services.
- Pinewood House,
- 01322 625 700 - http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk
- Have 4,800 staff and serve a local population of 1.1 million people. We have over 100 sites and provide support to around 39,000 in the community. We have 68 inpatient wards across four main hospital sites, and provide inpatient care for over 5,000 people each year. http://www.slam.nhs.uk/jobs.aspx
- South London Healthcare NHS Trust
- Provide the full range of NHS health care to the communities living in the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
They serve over a million people and employ over 6,000 staff, making it one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country.
- 01689 863000 - http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk
- West Kent NHS
- NHS West Kent Primary Care Trust has a budget of a billion and responsibility for the healthcare of the 6505,000 people living in the area.
- Wharf House,
Medway Wharf Road,
- 01732 376077 - http://www.maidstonewealdpct.nhs.uk/
Kent NHS Jobs - Feedback and Disclaimer
The scope of this feature is to provide links to employers and resources connected to NHS recruitment. This is not an exhaustive list, the NHS is going through its own process of change so if you find information out of date or in need of correction let us know. We also welcome feedback from users with recent NHS employment experience. Please take the time to review our disclaimer, we can't take responsibility for the content of third party websites.