The Kent Website since 1999
This is our Eurostar direct service to Lille feature. We welcome feedback from any of our users who experienced this Eurostar service and/or stayed in Lille recently. In particular we'd like some comment about the city, why should people go first time and what they can do when they get there. Our feedback information is at the foot of the page. You can follow this link if you'd like to access the latest see our latest French tourism feature. these pages for information about Provence & Avignon, group booking discounts and the Eurostar Snow Train.
Whilest the idea of travelling from London to Lille in under one and a half hours doesn't seem anything special, before the advent of the Channel Tunnel it would have seemed fantastic. The direct Eurostar service to Lille is so fast that it makes it a perfect destinantion for a weekend break. Between the 3 and 4 September Europe's largest Flea Market takes place in the city, over a million visitors attend.
Lille is one of Norther France's most attractive cities and has a rich history and vibrant contemporary cultural life. The beating heart of the city is the Main Square, Lillois' preferred meeting place. In the square you'll find which architecture from over three centuries. But the focal point is probably the statue of the Goddess which commemorates Lille's resistance to the Austrian siege in 1792.
In 2004, Lille was Europe's City of Culture, it hosted over two thousand events which were enjoyed by millions of visitors. The museums can probably be regarded as the jewel of Lille's cultural heritage and the include:
Palais Des Beaxux Arts (Palace Of Fine Arts), this is the second biggest museum in France.
Place de la République
+33 (0)3 20 06 78 00
Musee De L'Hospice Comtesse (Museum of the Hospice Comtesse)
32 rue de la Monnaie
+33 (0)3 28 36 84 00
Maison Natale Charles de Gaulle (de Gaulle was born in Lille)
9 rue Princesse
33 (0)3 28 38 12 05
Musee D'Histoire Naturelle et de Geologie (Geological And Natural History Museum)
19 rue de Bruxelles
+33 (0)3 28 55 30 80
Hotel Barriere Lille
- 1.04 km from the city centre
- 777 Bis Pont de Flandre, 59777 Lille, France
Novotel Lille Centre Grand Place
- 0.31 km from the city centre
- 116 rue de l'Hopital Militaire, 59000 Lille, France
Novotel Lille Centre gares
- 0.85 km from the city centre
- 49 rue de Tournai, 59000 Lille, France
Novotel Lille Aéroport
- 6.21 km from the city centre
- 55 route de Douai, 59810 Lesquin, France
Novotel Lille Ouest Englos
- 7.34 km from the city centre
- Impasse Bertha, 59320 Englos, France
Mercure Lille Centre Opera
- 0.18 km from the city centre
- 2 boulevard Carnot, 59000 Lille, France
Mercure Lille Aeroport
- 6.46 km from the city centre
- 110 rue Jean Jaures, 59810 Lesquin, France
Mercure Lille Metropole
- 5.69 km from the city centre
- 157 avenue de la Marne, 59700 Marcq-En- Baroeul, France
Suite Novotel Lille Europe
- 0.98 km from the city centre
- Boulevard de Turin, 59000 Lille, France
All Seasons Lille Centre Gare Beffroi
- 0.63 km from the city centre
- 172, rue de Paris, 59800 Lille, France
Ibis Lille Centre Gares
- 0.62 km from the city centre
- 29, Av Charles St-Venant, Le Forum, 59000 Lille, France
Ibis Lille Opéra
- 0.13 km from the city centre
- 21, rue Lepelletier, 59000 Lille, France
Ibis Lille Villeneuve d'Ascq
- 5.27 km from the city centre
- Rue des Victoires, Quartier Hôtel de ville, 59650 Villeneuve D'ascq, France
Ibis Lille Lomme Centre
- 3.98 km from the city centre
- 576 Avenue de Dunkerque, 59160 Lomme Lez Lille, France
They will be more than happy to answer all your questions about visiting the area.
Palais Rihour, BP 205, 59002
LilleTél : +33 (0)3 359 579 400
Fax : +33 (0)3 359 579 414
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Lille Tourism website @ http://www.lilletourism.com
This page is maintained but if you find that any links are broken or information out of date let us know.This is a page under constant improvement. We welcome submission of local tourist information for a free listing here. Please see our disclaimer.
Visiting France & Belgium
As a Kent website Yourcounty has been publishing visitor features for France and Belgium since our inception. We maintain up to 100 pages in this section at any one time, retiring the older ones and replacing the with new or updated features. If you would like to submit content for somewhere or something our users might be interested in send us an email with the relevant details.
Eurostar, Eurotunnel & Ferries
Alongside suggestions of where you might like to go and what you can do when you get there we also try and provide helpful information for people travelling across the channel by ferry, Eurostar and Eurotunnel. As well as general advice and helpful tips. We aim to feature special offers and promotional fares and deals when possible. We welcome your thoughts about when and how to travel just drop us an email.
Feedback and disclaimer
We have based this website on the actual needs and wants of our users. We welcome your thoughts about our coverage and suggestions of what we should and shouldn't include. Our aim is to provide something useful, informative or amusing every time you visit the website, if we don't get this right let us know by sending an email with 'la France ' in the title. We welcome feedback from businesses and tourist authorities in France and Belgium.