Overnight Safari Experience Up For Grabs
- An online quiz is giving website visitors a chance to win an overnight safari experience for two at Port Lympne’s Livingstone Lodge.
Civic And Freedom Parade To Support Troops -
The parade will mark the start of the new Mayor’s year and the troops will be exercising their right as Freemen of the Borough to march with bayonets fixed, colours flying and drums beating.
The Bridge Builders Of Tomorrow
- The annual competition was won by a team from Luton Junior School. Pupils from Riverview Junior School was second and Byron Primary School third.
Skate Park For Park Wood
- What equipment would you like to see at the proposed £60,000 new skate facilities.
Commendations For Local Attraction
- The new East Wing of Maidstone Museum has been recognised at the Civic Trust Award by a commendation.
Music Project Springs Forward
- Orchestra One run by Kent Music in partnership with Golding Vision, Soundhub and Rhythmix begins its sessions for students in April.
New App For Recycling
- Maidstone residents can access a wide range of up to date recycling information thanks to an app, which is free and available on iPhone and Android devices.
Composting In Maidstone
- Bins at reduced prices that start at just £16
Trading Standards Warning For Herne Bay
- Driveway work cold callers as well as other home repair/maintenance.
- A Local Drugs Education Project is a partnership between Maidstone Council and Kent Police with support from a range of other local organisations.
The Headcorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Shaping the future of the village through the Localism Act 2012, community facilities and the protection of green spaces.
Goodwin International Airport -
A major hub airport is being planned for the Kent coast, the concept for the four runway facility would bring air travel to within 2 miles of the seaside town of Deal.
Trading Standards Warn About A Used Car Sale Scam
- Have you seen advertisements for second hand cars for sale which are to be delivered by Army Logistics?
A Treat Cooked Up At Longfield Academy
- Seasonal fund raiser helping to provide food for homeless people and highlighted the skills of students.
Thanks For The Air Ambulance
- A pantomime dame will be swapping his feather duster for a collection tin to raise funds for Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance.
Brass Musicians Demonstrating In Kent
- A former member of the Kent Youth Orchestra, Philip White and some of his students from Trinity College of Music have been in Maidstone Grammar School.
Christmas Opening Hours
- Maidstone Borough Council
How To Decorate A Christmas Tree
Help from the Gravesend Garden Centre Millbrook, this week they issued an open invitation to the general public to come and get festive tree dressing advice.
Be A Twitter Success
- Tweeting help for beginners, understanding the SMS style communications, why they are sent and how to join the 520 million users currently in the community.
Battle Of Britain Trust
- Star gazing leads to fund raising in a remarkable fund-raising campaign for the Trust. Photographer Greg Esson combines his interests of astronomy and photography by taking spectacular pictures of the night sky.
Kent Boys Choir
- Christmas debut concert by the newly-formed Kent Boys Choir on Saturday December 15. There will be performances by Kent County Junior Singers (KCJS), Kent County Junior Choir (KCJC) and Kent Girls Choir.
Payday Loans Under The Spotlight
- The CAB are gathering data and drawing attention to Payday lenders.
Will Writers Warning
- Local law firm Furley Page are rasing the issue of the qualifications and training of will writers in light of calls to regulate the activity.
Vinters Park Crematorium
- Has celebrated its 50th anniversary, Maidstone Borough Council Cabinet Member Cllr Marion Ring opened a new Book of Remembrance Hall.
Ash Dieback Disease In Kent
- 12 Chalara outbreaks have now been confirmed across Kent by the Forestry Commission. The website holds information about how to recognise the problem and what to do when you come across it.
Swanley Sees Shared Commitments
- A Social Charter aiming to make for a safer, greener and cleaner environment has been delivered to every household on the Whiteoak Estate in Swanley.
- Responsible driving programme to coincide with the darker evenings.
Midwives Celebrate With Delivery
- Staff and parents were invited to a first birthday party for the £1m Birth Place at Medway Maritime Hospital.
- Inspiring young people into music will be the task of talented group of individuals over the next three years.
Local Democracy Week Marked
- Maidstone Council Leader Chris Garland has been shadowed by young people from schools in Maidstone.
Historic Medway Bus Restoration
- The Friends of Chatham Traction have found a friend in the Rochester Bridge Trust. The Trust has provided a £4,500 community grant to help in the restoration of the Gardner engine for a local 1939 Bristol K5G double-deck bus.