Traffic Reports From And For The Local Area, Kent Traffic
Welcome to the Yourcounty local traffic and travel resources. The aim of this page is to feature and link to local traffic and travel resources that are known to provide regularly updated and reliable information. Our local travel news pages are under constant development and we add and remove information, links and resources as they prove to be less or more valuable.
We add some value through our own local knowledge and the feedback provided by our users. If you have any comments about the information here or if you wish to suggest a resource for inclusion we'd welcome your thoughts.
We focus primarily on local conditions although some of the resources we link to detail regional and national information.
Because of the importance of the M25 in the region's traffic flow we have a separate page dealing with delays and problems on the orbital. We also have a dedicated resource for M20 traffic problems, this deals with some specific problems, not least Operation Stack. If you haven't experienced the phenomena of Operation Stack that we advise you to very catious if you want to travel on the M20 when it is in force.
At the head of this page we have a list of our own tried and trusted resources, most have links pointing to what we have found to be the most reliable sources of information. These pages have the latest Kent weather and Kent high tide predictions.
- Ferry and cross channel news links you to the Port of Dover websites and their ferry departure and arrival information. We also have links to other ferry ports in Kent as well as the regions leading passenger and freight ferry operators including: P&O, DFDS and My FerryLink.
- Flight and airport departures and arrivals from all the regional airports (Gatwick, Stanstead, Hearthrow and London City) linked from this page as well as the Kent airports at Manston and Lydd. Most links leading to live flight departure and arrival information.
- Kent Road News & Traffic Delays- There are four motorways in Kent and the include some stretches of the UK's busiest roads; M20, M2, M26 and M25. To a certain extent all these routes are interdependent to a greater or lesser extent. For example a major problem on the M26 can impact on the M20 as well as the
- SouthEastern trains - Timetables and news for Southeastern trains, they run 2,000 train services to 179 stations across 1,100 miles of track. They are an essential part of the local transport network. With the new High Speed services most parts of Kent are
- Eurostar - International train services from: London St Pancras International,
Ashford International and
- National Express Coaches have many stops on several routes in Kent. You'll be able to join a regular service in many major towns including: Ashford,
Canterbury Bus Station as well as the Park and Ride and the University of Kent. There are three stops in Dover, the town centre,
Dover cruise terminal, Dover ferry port plus a fourth stop just outside the town at Whitfield. Other scheduled destinations are
Sellindge and Seabrook. If you're travelling to and from Thanet you can catch a National Express service to or from Birchington,
Ramsgate, Margate and St Peters. Major towns like Maidstone and Gillingham have services. Many other stops around the county as well as a number of special services like the Hop Farm Festival.
- Transport Direct UK hold one of the most comprehensive resource for public transport information across the UK. If you've never seen it try taking a look. It's a particularly good resources for integrating several differeent methods of transport. For example if arrived in the UK at Heathrow airport and wanted to travel to a remote village in the Highlands of Scotland the software would be able to plan a suggested journey for you.
Radio Based Traffic Reports
BBC Radio Kent- This link leads to the BBC Kent online travel feed but you'll also find details if you want details of how to tune into Radio Kent - regular travel bulletins during rush hour. Heart Kent - Heart Kent 103.1 & 102.8 fm - KMFM - BBC Radio 2 - BBC Radio 5.
Kent Traffic News - Disclaimer And Feedback
We take care over our Kent traffic content, this page is checked regularly, but if you find an error or omission please let us know. Get all the Yourcounty updates free to you mailbox by signing up for the Kent Review. Please see our disclaimer.