Kent Sport - Local Sports News From & For Kent
West Kent Futsal U16 Girls Winners – St Gregory’s RC Comprehensive
- West Kent Futsal Success - Six qualification tournaments have been held by the Tonbridge & West Kent School Sports Partnership over the last month at U12, U14 and U16 age groups. 250 players took part attempting to gain a place at the Kent Futsal Finals.
- Folkestone Racecourse Closed - Is this really the end of racing at Westenhanger
after 100 years?
- MUFC Academy - Maidstone now has a fifty student Football Academy. MidKent college teamed up with the Stones to offer budding football players sport and studies based at the £2.6m Gallagher Stadium. The facility has all year round training and coaching facilities as well as three classrooms for the academic work.
- Deal Remembrance Rugby Match - A remembrance rugby match was first held in September 1990. This event has become an important annual fixture and 2012 sees the 22nd game.
- Benefitting Youth Sport - Two charities have decides to combine in order to being the best possible benefit to sport in Kent.
- Maidstone Olympic Torch Relay - The torch starts it's journey through Maidstone when it reaches Harrietsham in just a few days time.
- Next Dimension Gymnastic Academy - Local gymnasts were able to show their progress during the second annual badge week.
- Charity Golf Brings Big Rewards - 88 players joined the Rotary Club of Tenterden annual golf day helping to raise thousands for Canterbury Oast Trust.
- KCCC Results - Kent, ever the curate's egg of English cricket, very competitive at times but rarely one of the forces in the sport. Kent have several players with good international experience and a couple of bright young things, but to be one of the top three or four clubs in the country requires that the 'rump' of the team perform.
- Shepherd Neame Serves Up A Sponsorship Deal - Britain's oldest brewer Shepherd Neame is teaming up with Maidstone United to mark the football club's homecoming.
The sponsorship deal will see the clubhouse at The Gallagher Stadium named The Spitfire Lounge. It will open on Saturday 14 July – the day when The Stones entertain Championship club Brighton and Hove Albion.
- Golfers Donation To Help Conservation - Ridge Golf Club Ladies, led by their captain Ann Watts, chose Wildwood as their charity and visited the wildlife park and conservation charity near Canterbury, Kent, to learn more about the conservation work done by the trust before organising a range of novel ways to raise money.
- Gymnastic Competition Goes Swimmingly - Retired Olympic swimmer Chris Cook made a splash at Next Dimension Gymnastic Academy, Tunbridge Wells, when he visited the Key Steps gymnastic event on Monday (23rd April).
- Maidstone United FC - Maidstone United is one of Kent's leading football clubs, it is currently (at the time of writing) playing in the Ryman League South along with six other Kent clubs: (Folkestone Invictia, Herne Bay, Hythe Town, Ramsgate, Sittingbourne and Whitstable Town).
More Kent sport news,
Kent sport direct to your mailbox with the Kent Review.